Colon therapy is not a cure, but it is a valuable procedure and treatment for a wide variety of different colon conditions. A toxic bowel is the source of many health problems. By stripping down the old, toxic mucus lining of the bowel, we remove the number one source of disease in the body. In addition, we open up the bowel to a more efficient means of waste elimination and nutrient absorption, both of which are essential to any lasting healing process. This is also the first step toward normalizing the bowel so that the friendly bacterial will return to keep the colon safe from purification and further autointoxication.
It is significant that surgeons and physicians are beginning to understand the importance of bowel care in the prevention of disease.
- Is colon therapy embarrassing?
- After the gentle insertion of a small tube into the rectum, tubing carries the water in and wastes out in a gentle manner-no mess, no fuss, no odor - in fact, a very relaxing experience. Except for the insertion of the tube, you are completely covered during the entire procedure.
- Is the procedure painful?
- Rarely. Sometimes luring the procedure the muscles of the colon contract suddenly, expelling considerable liquid and waste into the rectum. The contraction may feel like damping or gas with pressure in the rectum. Most of the process is mild and gentle with a wonderfully light and empty feeling afterwards.
- Can one become dependent on Colon Hydrotherapy thus causing the colon to stop functioning on its own?
- No. Actually, one of the benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy is that it hydrates the tissue which allows the muscles of the organ to perform properly.
- Will one cleansing completely empty the colon?
- Almost never. Many of us have ten or more pounds of impacted feces in our colon.
It took many years to create this toxic material and it takes time to remove the impacted feces from the colon wall. One cleansing will remove some and the second cleansing will remove more. Your individual condition will determine how many sessions you will need to have.
- Can colon therapy wash away all bacteria even the good?
- The helpful bacteria can only live in an alkaline environment. Most people, due to years of improper eating, lack of exercise, and poor elimination, have an acidic colon. So it's helpful to flush away the bacteria in an acidic colon. The great benefit of the cleansing program is to change the environment from acidic to alkaline.
- What gastro-intestinal tract conditions can be relieved by colon hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation?
- Colon cleansing with colon hydrotherapy can help to relieve numerous ailments associated with the gastro-intestinal tract, such as: chronic abdominal pain, constipation, bloating, gas, stomach pain, indigestion, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel diseases, and various chronic bowel disorders.
- What other symptoms of colon dysfunction can be corrected with colon hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation?
- Colon hydrotherapy can assist in relieving chronic back pain, shoulder pain, or aching joints; swelling legs; headaches & migraines; prostate trouble; sexual problems; chronic fatigue & lack of energy, the inability to achieve weight loss; and many other medical issues related to the gastro-intestinal tract.
- How do you improve the function of your colon?
- Learn proper food combinations. Eat 50% of your foods raw. They should be fresh, organic, and in season from your local area. Get a wide variety, but eat smaller quantities. Drink half your weight in ounces of water daily; sip it, not with meals, but either 1 1/2 hours before meals or two hours after meals.
- Chew your foods properly by slowing down while eating and relax.
- Reduce stress and tension by exercising daily and getting the proper amount of sleep.
- Avoid intestinal overloading by responding to the call of nature immediately.
Please ask how we can further your detoxification with a combination of massage, nutritional counseling, and other services available at our office. Call our office to discuss a complete detoxification program that will fit your needs. Remember, the best time to begin taking a step toward better health is today.